Google Spent a Decade Researching What Makes a Great Boss - are you one of those?
According to Gallup's chief scientist for workplace management, at least 75 percent of the reasons for costly voluntary turnover come down to things that managers can influence – people quit because of their boss then. The Google study is interesting for any team leader who wants to keep his or her team…
Here are the 10 behaviors of Google's best managers,
1. Is a good coach
2. Empowers team and does not micromanage
3. Creates an inclusive team environment, showing concern for success and well-being
4. Is productive and results-oriented
5. Is a good communicator--listens and shares information
6. Supports career development and discusses performance
7. Has a clear vision/strategy for the team
8. Has key technical skills to help advise the team
9. Collaborates across the company
10. Is a strong decision maker
Read the full article to also discover with some practical tips on how to develop these behaviors.